Saturday, March 14, 2015

Sound Sync Animation

We've moved on to making a fifteen-second animation that accompanies a sound clip that our teacher gave us. It was technically due today, but our teacher gave us a two-week extension, since so many of us had incomplete animations (mine included). I toiled away for literally 12 hours last night, working at this dumb little animation, but to no avail.

In any case, here's what I've got so far. I started off with creating T-shape character designs so it would be easier to animate limbs later.




Apart from the narrator (the little boy), I tried sticking with a limited color palette for cohesiveness. As for the animation itself, I was inspired by battle scenes in classic anime such as Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Sailor Moon. Here are screenshots of the beginning and the ending:



Anyway, it's stupid. I can honestly say that I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to animation, though I am utterly obsessed with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment