Tuesday, November 17, 2015

a bunch of figures (i have no idea what i'm doing anymore)

I spend most of my free time feeling poorly about myself and flitting back and forth between the Word document of my resume and the PDF of my resume. What a strange place to be in life when the primary source of my confidence stems from a piece of paper—a paper with bullet points, no less. Cold, hard, methodical bullet points.

It's 5am and I'm procrastinating. Forgive me.

Maintaining this blog can be difficult. For months at a time I feel as though I am bursting with ideas and thoughts that have no place in the ephemeral Internet realm of tumblr or spoken aloud to wary friends. And for other months I feel more or less devoid of substance. I think right now at this point in time I'm encroaching on the latter territory.

The figure drawing co-op is over for the semester, which is sad because it's the one established routine I have (every Sunday I draw naked people for three to four hours). I ended on a note that my heart feels is strong but my head feels is utterly ridiculous. I'm too impatient to draw properly anymore. But I still like my drawings. Anyway. Enough rambling.












These were done over two sessions, though we had the same model present for both. Yeah, I literally have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I do kind of like the pastel drawings I did, though.

Here are some 1 minute gestures I haven't uploaded to tumblr because I think they're kind of bad! (Also it's upside down, sorry.)


What an exciting time. I'm considering drawing at the MIA every Sunday in place of figure drawing, but who knows if I'll have the time/energy/motivation to do that for the rest of the semester? *shrug emoticon*

No comments:

Post a Comment