Tuesday, September 8, 2015

combining film and animation: a compendium

In one of my classes this semester (Ideation and Process) we are to create a project on our own that we can't necessarily complete in our other classes, either due to time or material constraints. So that's fun. My aim is to create a video that uses both film and animation techniques (and is not rotoscoped [entirely]). It's sort of an impossible task I've given myself but...I am interested in a challenge? (I say that now but will regret this in, oh, three months come finals and routine seasonal depression.) So, anyway, here's a list of stuff I've found online that sort of serve as inspiration for this vague project that may or may not actually happen:


Oh, the Sugars from Grossbus Animation on Vimeo.


Feeling My Way from Jonathan Hodgson on Vimeo.


Jeudi soir from benoit guillaume on Vimeo.


Lightbox: Grey from Philip Evans on Vimeo.

Plumb from caleb wood on Vimeo.


Fort Morgan (2014) trailer from Alexander Stewart on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment