Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ice Castle

Over break, I had the chance to see the Ice Castle in a nearby park in my town. Apparently there are only, like, four Ice Castles made across the US, so it was pretty cool (literally) to have one built in my very own hometown! 

I'm glad we went at night, because the lights and the blackness added so much more drama to this creepy, sculptural mass of ice.

Outside the entrance.


There were many families and many selfies going on inside.



I feel like this could be the album cover of something. An Icelandic prog rock band.

The portal.

The same portal, but from the inside, and with a grown (technical) man tumbling through its icy shaft.

I was notified that these wall spikes running alongside the exterior of the castle looked remarkably like skulls on spines.

A creepily placed Frozen doll.



ASCENSION OF THE AMETHYST THRONE





No comments:

Post a Comment